These awards are given to encourage participation in projects presented by Needle Artists by the Sea
Chapter of the American Needlepoint Guild and to encourage excellence in stitching by learning.
To receive a charm award, you must be a member of the NAS Chapter at the time the project is presented.
In the case of a workshop,
you must have participated. The charm awards are to be given upon completion of a project with stitching
completed but not necessarily finished; i.e., framed, made into a pillow, etc. If you stitch multiple pieces of the
same design, you will receive only one charm.
These are the charms available to our members:
Sand Dollar or Starfish for each of the following:
- NAS sponsored workshop including the November Annual Luncheon meeting.
- NAS group correspondence course,
- A project or class offered by National ANG,
- ANG on-line group correspondence course or cyber workshop,
- ANG Chapter Project Book project offered by NAS,
- Project for a monthly program that is identified by the Board because it involves greater time and skill.
To see a list of the NAS projects for these View List or
Scallop or Ark Shell
- Special award of a Scallop or Ark Shell is given for the 10th project completed from those listed above.
This is in place of a sand dollar or starfish.
- Special award of a Triton Shell is given for each yearlong NAS study project.
To see a list of NAS year long projects, View List or
The recipient must inform the Recognition Awards chairman of completion of the project no later than
the Tuesday before the monthly meeting. Awards will be presented monthly at the regular meeting.
The project must be presented to the membership at the meeting. Out of town members may submit a
photograph of the completed piece to fulfill this requirement.